9 DAYS/ 8 NIGHTS. COCHIN-MUNNAR- THEKKADY-KUMARAKAM-ALLEPPEY- KOVALAM
Day 1: Cochin - Munnar (Tea Garden & Hill station) Arrival at Cochin airport/ railway station. Thento Munnar. This beautiful hill station was once the summer capital of the British Government in India. The never ending vast expanse of tea plantations and the round the year moderate climate makes it a little haven for visitors. The day at leisure. Overnight at Munnar.
Day 2: Munnar - Visit to Rajamala- house of the highly endangered mountain goats - the Nilgiri Thars. Then to Lakkam water falls which is accessible by a short trek through the forest. Overnight in Munnar.
Day 3 : Munnar - Morning to Top Station. Top Station offers panoramic view of the neighboringstate of Tamil Nadu. Then to Echo point and Mattupetty Dam. Speed boating facilities are available here. The dam is flanked by forests and vast expanse of grass land on one side and the Kundala tea plantation on the other. After noon at leisure. Overnight at Munnar.
Day 4 : Munnar - Periyar (wild life sanctuary & Spice plantation). Morning proceed to Thekkady. By noon at Thekkady. Afternoon at Periyar lake around which the sanctuary is built, for boating. This is the only sanctuary in India where you can have the unique experience of viewing the wild life at close quarters from the safety of a boat. Stay in Thekkady.
Day 5: Periyar - Kumarakam (Backwaters). Drive to Kumarakam. By noon check in at the backwater resort in Kumarakam. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight stay at Kumarakam.
Day 6 : Kumarakam - Alleppey. Morning after breakfast proceed to Alleppey. By noon check in at the house boat in Alleppey for a 20 hour house boating through the legendary backwaters of Kerala. On the way you will witness a full range of lifes and activities and some mind boggling sceneries. Overnight in the house boat. House boat is a private boat with fully furnished spacious bath attached bed rooms, hygiene kitchen ,dining area and private front deck to capture the beauty of the back waters.
Day 7: Alleppey- Kovalam (International beach) Morning after breakfast check out from the houseboat and proceed to Kovalam- the internationally renowned beach destination. Spend the rest of the day in the sandy beaches of Kovalam flanked by coconut groves on one side and Arabian sea on the other. Overnight at the beach side hotel.
Day 8 : Kovalam. Morning after breakfast proceed for a city tour of Trivandrum covering Napier Museum and Sri Padmanabha Swamy Temple. Afternoon at leisure in Kovalam. Overnight at Kovalam.
Day 9 : Kovalam - Trivandrum (Capital City) Morning after breakfast proceed to Trivandrum airport / railway station for onward journey.
|Leisure Tour Packages||Rate for a couple|
|Super Deluxe||Rs. 58,100/-|
- Hotel accommodation in above said hotels/ resorts on twin sharing basis.
- Daily breakfast.
- 20 hour boating in an a/c houseboat with all meals. (A/c can be used only between 9 pm and 7 am when the houseboat is haulting in case of Budget and deluxe package and a/c can be used full time for luxury package) (Applicable in only in packages where houseboat cruise and stay is inlcuded).
- Transfers and site seeing as mentioned in the itinerary by a/c Indica for Budget/ Deluxe package and a/c Indigo/ Swift Dezire for luxury package.
- Toll, parking, drivers batta, inter state tax etc.
- All prevailing taxes like luxury taxes, service taxes and expenditure taxes where ever applicable.
*Package Tour Rate exclusions for Kerala Leisure Tour Packages :
- Any air/ train fares & personal expenses like telephone, fax, internet, laundry etc
- Entry tickets, permit fees, boat/ ferry tickets etc at various places of site seeing.